    Thanks in advance

    Nick Wouters
    Newbie

    Nick Wouters, Oct 11, 2005

  2. Usually avoided however, in ASP.NET you *might* be able to store the object
    in the session.

    Edwin Knoppert, Oct 11, 2005

  3. Nick Wouters

    Guest Guest

    Have your class write it somewhere or put the object into the session data
    after it's filled.

    Guest, Oct 11, 2005
  4. Nick Wouters

    Guest Guest

    If the class got only few proprties, you could store them in session (either
    individual values or the whole object)

    Sounds like, there is alreday a tables(s) which can hold data in the
    properties & collections of the object. Storing the properties & collections
    back to the DB before moving to the next page and Populating the Object again
    from DB in the next page would be a good choice for large objects.

    Guest, Oct 11, 2005
  5. Nick Wouters

    Nick Wouters Guest

    correct,

    but when I am using this session in another ASP.net project on the SAME
    server , the session is empty
    It seems sessions are lost when you redirect to another page on the same
    server but within another project in the SAME solution.

    Sounds strange to me, I always thought session were kept on the server,
    perhaps I could try to save my sessions in an sql database, but is it
    possible for objects like an instance of a class?

    Hope someone can help me out!

    Best regards

    Nick Wouters
    Belgium newbie