Using CSS ID Tags to

Discussion in 'HTML and CSS' started by newbie1500, Apr 21, 2020.

  1. newbie1500

    newbie1500

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2020
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Dear Colleagues,

    I am trying to capitalize the text 'Giants & Heroes', but it is still appearing as lowercase. I would grateful if someone could tell me where I am going wrong in the highlighted code. Thank you

    <!DOCTYPE html>
    <head>
    <title>Targeting an individual</title>
    #heading {
    font-family: Arial;
    background-color: red;
    color: white;
    }
    #uppercase {
    text-transform:uppercase;
    }

    </head>

    <h1>Sporting History</h1>

    newbie1500, Apr 21, 2020

  2. newbie1500

    sunfighter

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2019
    Messages:
    115
    Likes Received:
    16
    You have an extra <style> tag just before the #uppercase. Remove it!

    sunfighter, Apr 22, 2020
    Ian and newbie1500 like this.

  3. newbie1500

    newbie1500

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2020
    Messages:
    3
    Likes Received:
    0
    Sunfighter, thank you - much appreciated. I presumed you had to open with a style tag each time you target a different ID with CSS.

    newbie1500, Apr 22, 2020