using dot.net with asp classic ?

wbsurfver

If we installed .net studio on our development server, I would like
to think it would work seamlessly with our existing classic asp code ?
I am mainly interested in what debugging features this would give me.
Please let me know as I am new to ASP and trying to figure out a large
complex code base with no documentation and I am the only developer on
the project .. If we installed .net studio, I would hope it would be
able to work with the code we have without any changes and it wouldn't
cause anything to break .

Anthony Jones

If we installed .net studio on our development server, I would like
to think it would work seamlessly with our existing classic asp code ?
I am mainly interested in what debugging features this would give me.
Please let me know as I am new to ASP and trying to figure out a large
complex code base with no documentation and I am the only developer on
the project .. If we installed .net studio, I would hope it would be
able to work with the code we have without any changes and it wouldn't
cause anything to break .

Studio works fine with ASP. You do not need to change your code in order to
be able to edit and debugging with with Visual Studio. However if you are
expecting to be able to write ASP.NET and have it work seamlessly with ASP
you may be disappointed.

It will be fine as long as your ASP.NET pages do their thing and the ASP
pages continue to do theirs. Don't expect to be able to server.execute one
from another or share application/session data.

PW

If we installed .net studio on our development server, I would like
to think it would work seamlessly with our existing classic asp code ?
I am mainly interested in what debugging features this would give me.
Please let me know as I am new to ASP and trying to figure out a large
complex code base with no documentation and I am the only developer on
the project .. If we installed .net studio, I would hope it would be
able to work with the code we have without any changes and it wouldn't
cause anything to break .

I installed asp.net onto my server and theres been no hassles. I can still
run and maintain all my classic ASP stuff with no issues.