Using links to load .jar files in a container

Håvard Kverneland

I've got an application (launched through JWS) which, among other
things, acts as a container for various "task" entities. The tasks
contain GUI and business logic. Each task exists as a .jar file. I
want to use some kind of URI to launch a given task into either an
already started instance of my application, or start a new application
with the that task.

Can I use Java Web Start for all of this? Any tips?