Using OnUnLoad()

Simon Wigzell

I'm using OnUnLoad in my asp web pages body tag because I want to set some
values if someone exits the page by means other than using the built in menu
or close button. Probem is it is also being triggered by a refresh. Is it
possible for the function that it calls to get the nature of the event that
has caused it to be called? Last mouse click location or something. Then I
can just ignore all events other than clicking the top right X or using
File/Close. Thanks!

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Simon said:
I'm using OnUnLoad in my asp web pages body tag because I want to set some
values if someone exits the page by means other than using the built in menu
or close button. Probem is it is also being triggered by a refresh. Is it
possible for the function that it calls to get the nature of the event that
has caused it to be called?

No, AFAIS not even IE has a proprietary event handler for that. But tell us
what you are exactly trying to achieve. Maybe you are following a wrong
approach.

PointedEars