Using pyinstaller to create an .exe, when using win32com

kbperry

Hi all,
I am pretty confused on this?

While pyinstaller has a "MakeCOMServer.py" thing, it seems to blow up
every time I run it. It keeps complaining that a dictionary that I
have has "TypeError: unscriptable object.", but when I run my code
normally (outside of trying to make an .exe), it runs perfectly. The
dictionary doesn't have any data in it, until I call a method to grab
some data from a file.

Has anyone else tried to use this? What is the best way to create an
..exe when using the win32com module? I found makeExe.py that uses
py2exe.py, but I didn't have any luck with that either. I did some
searching, too, but to no avail.

Please Help!

Keith

Giovanni Bajo

kbperry said:
Hi all,
I am pretty confused on this?

While pyinstaller has a "MakeCOMServer.py" thing, it seems to blow up
every time I run it. It keeps complaining that a dictionary that I
have has "TypeError: unscriptable object.", but when I run my code
normally (outside of trying to make an .exe), it runs perfectly. The
dictionary doesn't have any data in it, until I call a method to grab
some data from a file.

Has anyone else tried to use this? What is the best way to create an
.exe when using the win32com module? I found makeExe.py that uses
py2exe.py, but I didn't have any luck with that either. I did some
searching, too, but to no avail.

MakeCOMServer.py hasn't been touched (nor tested) since I started maintaing
PyInstaller, so it might well be broken in some way. If you provide me with a
complete bugreport (on the pyinstaller list, or as a ticket in the pyinstaller
bug system) I might have a look. Alas, I have little time to spend on
PyInstaller at the moment, but I'm eventually going to tackle this.