    Gerry Sutton Guest

    Is it possible to automate and script the windows Hyperterminal utility with
    Python?

    Gerry Sutton, Nov 22, 2003

  2. Hi !

    i do the same thing with Python + Autoit (activeX version)

    @-salutations

    Michel Claveau/Hamster, Nov 23, 2003

  3. Gerry Sutton

    Miki Tebeka Guest

    Hello Gerry,
    If you want to use COM port, get pyserial (http://pyserial.sf.net) and
    do what you want without messing with Hypertermial.

    HTH.
    Miki

    Miki Tebeka, Nov 24, 2003
  4. Gerry Sutton

    Schawm

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2009
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi everybody!

    Well I have basically the same problem. I have been trying to use some AT commands with PySerial, but it doesn´t work anyway, however if I use hyperterminal (vista) it´s work properly and easy easy... I have been looking in www and I noticed that´s a very comum problem but anyone has the answer or solution for this. The mainly question is "Why commands by serial using Python it doesn´t work while in a simple hyperterminal does??"
    If someone has any hint about this I´d be very appreciate.
    thanks a lot.

    Schawm, Jan 4, 2010
  5. Gerry Sutton

    Schawm

    Joined:
    Dec 30, 2009
    Messages:
    5
    Likes Received:
    0
    Hi

    my problem was fixed!
    It was a simple return \r!!

    ser.write("atd000195079CAA\r")

    it´s work well and the same way that in hyperterminal

    Regards Schawn RS

    Schawm, Jan 5, 2010