Using Python to add scripting to Hyperterminal?

Gerry Sutton

Is it possible to automate and script the windows Hyperterminal utility with
Python?

Michel Claveau/Hamster

Hi !

i do the same thing with Python + Autoit (activeX version)

@-salutations

Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi everybody!

Well I have basically the same problem. I have been trying to use some AT commands with PySerial, but it doesn´t work anyway, however if I use hyperterminal (vista) it´s work properly and easy easy... I have been looking in www and I noticed that´s a very comum problem but anyone has the answer or solution for this. The mainly question is "Why commands by serial using Python it doesn´t work while in a simple hyperterminal does??"
If someone has any hint about this I´d be very appreciate.
thanks a lot.

Joined
Dec 30, 2009
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hi

my problem was fixed!
It was a simple return \r!!

ser.write("atd000195079CAA\r")

it´s work well and the same way that in hyperterminal

Regards Schawn RS