    How do I decide the port numbers for each of the client.

    Is a multiclient possible if possible how?

    Thank You

    zigbeedeep, Nov 11, 2006

  2. zigbeedeep

    Karl Uppiano Guest

    This is all the information I ever needed to do this:
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/net/ServerSocket.html
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/lang/Thread.html

    If you need really high performance:
    http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/api/java/nio/channels/package-summary.html

    I had to search www.java.sun.com for tutorials and sample code before I
    could implement NIO sockets. But 63 connections on a single thread is
    sweet...

    Karl Uppiano, Nov 11, 2006

  3. zigbeedeep

    Lew Guest

    ServerSocket on the server binds to a specific port, say 2048 for example.

    Each client will attempt to connect to "server:2048"; they all connect to the
    same host port.

    The server may spawn threads, one per client, to handle individual connections
    for performance's sake.

    - Lew

    Lew, Nov 12, 2006