Using the HTML constrol to upload a file - progress bar?

UJ

I have a spot where I allow a user to upload a file to the server. The files
are media files so they can be large (25MB). Problem is that while it's
uploading, the screen just sits there (yes there's a progress bar at the
bottom but that's pretty useless.)

Is there a way to do some kind of progress bar that really tells the user
what is going on?

Is there a different/better way to upload a file ?

TIA - Jeff.

UJ

I guess the problem I have is when you use an HTML file control - when you
'SaveFileAs' in the code, it doesn't come back until it's done. So it looks
like the machine is just sitting there.

Anybody have a solution where you can upload a file to a server and give a
real status of how much is done?

TIA - Jeff.

Hello,

I have always used a nice little control called XUpload. You can buy it
from www.aspupload.com

Its easier to just use it, rather than right your own logic for doing
this.

- Vaibhav

John Timney \(MVP\)

I recall a very long thread at the ihttpmodule forums at www.asp.net that
covered this extensively. Perhaps you could still find it.

dan marks

i had a similar question
then i went to youTube.com
its a flash/html hybrid they are using, and accepting files up to 100mb

i havent built this yet, but i may just use their technique