validation summary not always showing message box

TS

i have a form with val summ on it and most of the time it displays the
errors on the screen as well as a popup. If all validators are passed and
execution goes to the server, on certain conditions, i will dynamically
create a custom validator and add it to the form. The problem is, these
always get shown in the val summ table, but no popup.

looking at the other ones, the popup doesn't occur until the submit button
is clicked. My dynamic validator is set to be false when the page returns to
the client so that it is shown. Is there a way to get the popup window to
appear? (i'm afraid with this implementation there's not)

Thanks a bunch!

// display error messages in custom validator
CustomValidator cvValidationMessages = new CustomValidator();

cvValidationMessages.ID = "cvValidationMessages";

cvValidationMessages.CssClass = "validator";

cvValidationMessages.Display = ValidatorDisplay.None;

cvValidationMessages.Text = "!";

cvValidationMessages.ErrorMessage = errorMessage;

cvValidationMessages.IsValid = false;

this.phCustomValidator.Controls.Add(cvValidationMessages);

Kevin Yu [MSFT]

Hi TS,

We have reviewed this issue and are currently researching on it. We will
update you ASAP. Thanks for your patience!

Kevin Yu
=======
rights."

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi TS,

As for the dynamic added validtor not fire messageBox problem, based on my
testing, it is a expected behavior due to the validtion summary's
messagebox mechanism. Actually the validation summary's messageBox is
displayed for those validtor control's clientside validating(which occur at
clientside before we submit the page....), that's why you only see other
validator's error message showed in messagebox only before we post back the
page. Also, we can verify this by disabling other validator's
clientsidescript, this will also make the messagebox not display after page
postback and return ....

So, I think for your custom validator, we may need to consider manually
register some validation clientside script after we done serverside
validting, so that it can raise a messagebox after the page is rendered out
to client ......

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "TS" <[email protected]>
| Subject: validation summary not always showing message box
| Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 15:33:13 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
|
| i have a form with val summ on it and most of the time it displays the
| errors on the screen as well as a popup. If all validators are passed and
| execution goes to the server, on certain conditions, i will dynamically
| create a custom validator and add it to the form. The problem is, these
| always get shown in the val summ table, but no popup.
|
| looking at the other ones, the popup doesn't occur until the submit
button
| is clicked. My dynamic validator is set to be false when the page returns
| the client so that it is shown. Is there a way to get the popup window to
| appear? (i'm afraid with this implementation there's not)
|
| Thanks a bunch!
|
| // display error messages in custom validator
| CustomValidator cvValidationMessages = new CustomValidator();
|
| cvValidationMessages.ID = "cvValidationMessages";
|
| cvValidationMessages.CssClass = "validator";
|
| cvValidationMessages.Display = ValidatorDisplay.None;
|
| cvValidationMessages.Text = "!";
|
| cvValidationMessages.ErrorMessage = errorMessage;
|
| cvValidationMessages.IsValid = false;
|
| this.phCustomValidator.Controls.Add(cvValidationMessages);

TS

thank you all

Steven Cheng said:
Hi TS,

As for the dynamic added validtor not fire messageBox problem, based on my
testing, it is a expected behavior due to the validtion summary's
messagebox mechanism. Actually the validation summary's messageBox is
displayed for those validtor control's clientside validating(which occur
at
clientside before we submit the page....), that's why you only see other
validator's error message showed in messagebox only before we post back
the
page. Also, we can verify this by disabling other validator's
clientsidescript, this will also make the messagebox not display after
page
postback and return ....

So, I think for your custom validator, we may need to consider manually
register some validation clientside script after we done serverside
validting, so that it can raise a messagebox after the page is rendered
out
to client ......

Thanks,

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "TS" <[email protected]>
| Subject: validation summary not always showing message box
| Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 15:33:13 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
|
| i have a form with val summ on it and most of the time it displays the
| errors on the screen as well as a popup. If all validators are passed
and
| execution goes to the server, on certain conditions, i will dynamically
| create a custom validator and add it to the form. The problem is, these
| always get shown in the val summ table, but no popup.
|
| looking at the other ones, the popup doesn't occur until the submit
button
| is clicked. My dynamic validator is set to be false when the page
returns
| the client so that it is shown. Is there a way to get the popup window
| appear? (i'm afraid with this implementation there's not)
|
| Thanks a bunch!
|
| // display error messages in custom validator
| CustomValidator cvValidationMessages = new CustomValidator();
|
| cvValidationMessages.ID = "cvValidationMessages";
|
| cvValidationMessages.CssClass = "validator";
|
| cvValidationMessages.Display = ValidatorDisplay.None;
|
| cvValidationMessages.Text = "!";
|
| cvValidationMessages.ErrorMessage = errorMessage;
|
| cvValidationMessages.IsValid = false;
|
| this.phCustomValidator.Controls.Add(cvValidationMessages);

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

You're welcome TS,

Always feel free to post here when you need any assistance.

Good luck!

Steven Cheng
Microsoft Online Support

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
rights.)

--------------------
| From: "TS" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: validation summary not always showing message box
| Date: Mon, 5 Dec 2005 09:50:36 -0600
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
|
| thank you all
|
| | > Hi TS,
| >
| > As for the dynamic added validtor not fire messageBox problem, based on
my
| > testing, it is a expected behavior due to the validtion summary's
| > messagebox mechanism. Actually the validation summary's messageBox is
| > displayed for those validtor control's clientside validating(which
occur
| > at
| > clientside before we submit the page....), that's why you only see other
| > validator's error message showed in messagebox only before we post back
| > the
| > page. Also, we can verify this by disabling other validator's
| > clientsidescript, this will also make the messagebox not display after
| > page
| > postback and return ....
| >
| > So, I think for your custom validator, we may need to consider manually
| > register some validation clientside script after we done serverside
| > validting, so that it can raise a messagebox after the page is rendered
| > out
| > to client ......
| >
| > Thanks,
| >
| > Steven Cheng
| > Microsoft Online Support

| > rights.)
| >

| > --------------------
| > | From: "TS" <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: validation summary not always showing message box
| > | Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2005 15:33:13 -0600
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet.webcontrols
| > |
| > | i have a form with val summ on it and most of the time it displays the
| > | errors on the screen as well as a popup. If all validators are passed
| > and
| > | execution goes to the server, on certain conditions, i will
dynamically
| > | create a custom validator and add it to the form. The problem is,
these
| > | always get shown in the val summ table, but no popup.
| > |
| > | looking at the other ones, the popup doesn't occur until the submit
| > button
| > | is clicked. My dynamic validator is set to be false when the page
| > returns
| > | the client so that it is shown. Is there a way to get the popup
window
| > | appear? (i'm afraid with this implementation there's not)
| > |
| > | Thanks a bunch!
| > |