value of type "MyNamespace.MyClassName" cannot be converted to "MyNamespace.MyClassName"

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Bert Leu, Jun 5, 2007.

  1. Bert Leu

    Bert Leu Guest

    I have a ASP.Net application that uses assemblies from several other
    solutions. When testing the applications on my machine I build all the
    referenced assemblies using nmake. The latest assemblies get placed in a
    common directory that is referenced by my ASP.NET app.

    Occasionally I receive the following error: value of type
    "MyNamespace.MyClassName" cannot be converted to "MyNamespace.MyClassName"
    (there are a lot of these for different classes) when doing a debug build. I
    have tried the following with no luck:

    Build the ASP.Net application

    Rebuild the ASP.Net application

    Close VS and build the ASP.Net application

    Close VS.Net as rebuild the asp.Net application

    IISreset and build/rebuild the application

    It seems the only thing that works is if I run nmake to build all my
    referenced assemblies, I can then build the ASP.Net application.

    Any ideas as to what causes this? Is there an easier way to fix it?

    Thanks a lot.

    Bert Leu, Jun 5, 2007

  2. Hi Bert,

    <snip>