VB cannot access javascript in IE after set the proxy in IE

Tony

Hi,

I have a VB program which will access (using CallByName function) the
JavaScript in a page using IE6. It works fine if no proxy is set in
IE6 (Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings). If the
proxy is set, an exception will be thrown when the same VB program is
run. The error message is -2147024891 Access is denied.

Anyone can help to resolve this program because proxy is required in
our environment. Thanks in advance.

-Tony

Grant Wagner

Tony said:
Hi,

I have a VB program which will access (using CallByName function) the
JavaScript in a page using IE6. It works fine if no proxy is set in
IE6 (Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings). If the
proxy is set, an exception will be thrown when the same VB program is
run. The error message is -2147024891 Access is denied.

Anyone can help to resolve this program because proxy is required in
our environment. Thanks in advance.

-Tony

Cross-domain security issues are probably playing a part in this. The Web
page is being loaded from a proxy server which does not match the domain
from which the VB program is loaded. Quite frankly I'm wondering how they
were ever the same (unless the Web page was loading from a network drive,
which would make it run in the context of the My Computer Zone, the most
insecure Zone available in IE).

The Web page might also be coming from the Local intranet Zone, in which
case, simply checking "Bypass proxy server for local addresses" might
resolve your issue.

--
| Grant Wagner <[email protected]>

*