VB.NET Client for a ASP.NET WebService

David

Hi There!

Can a VB.NET Client access a Web service? If so by what mean? Only by SOAP
messages? Do I have to parse the SOAP messages myself to get the results?

Any tutorials or pointers on creating a VB.NET client for ASP.NET Web
Service in a proper way is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
David

Raghu Raman

Hi David ,
I am also new to webservices and wandering like a dog. but i can give u
some basic tips to just create & use a webservice with out using SOAP.

1.Create your own web service by opening the Asp.net webservice
project.Run it successfully.

2. open any .net project.
3.Right click the solution explorer and add the web reference and click
the webservices on the local machine.now u can choose your own web
service u just designed.
4. now u have linked the web service and can be accessable via u r code
.A local host will be added.

ex.
Globals.Devservice ->my web service(globals is my web service project
name)
Globals.Devservice sv;
sv=new Globals.Devservice();
sv.add(12,12)