Version control for VHDL projects.

KJ

Old thread, but now that svn 1.7.0 has been out a while, I take it this
issue with tagging externals was indeed addressed in svn?

The TortoiseSVN folks appear to have implemented this, but it looks
like there was some problem with what was implemented in version 1.7.0
(http://groups.google.com/group/tortoisesvn/browse_frm/thread/
2e177939eb4a5b77?hl=en#)

They are currently up to version 1.7.3 which fixes "some nasty bugs in
TortoiseSVN 1.7.2 which in some specific situations could make it
crash" (http://groups.google.com/group/tortoisesvn/browse_frm/thread/
b98f1e75307fbc35/208835526c8bc206?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=tortoisesvn
+1.7+released#208835526c8bc206)

It is still on my 'to do' list to see how well the new feature
actually works. I like TortoiseSVN, but this limitation with
externals was frustrating...and the Perl script method didn't work for
me on some computers. Hopefully TortoiseSVN has this working now.

Kevin Jennings