video on web page

Vrr

Hi, i hope you can help me with these problem i have...

I have a pc as a web server, i have some asp pages on it and functions
perfectly, recently bought a tv card so i can watch tv on my pc and installed
on it... what i want to do is to put in an asp page the video generated from
the tv card so others in my lan can watch live tv trough an asp page.

I think its posible. Its the same idea of using a web cam in your pc to view
what is happening in your home trough internet.

Thanls a lot for your help.

Vrr

Hi Michael, thanks for answering.

I've been reading the content of the links but i have a question, isn't it
for streaming music or videos that you have in your pc? I mean you must have
the file in order to streaming it, does it aplies for the thing i want to do
(streaming the output of the tv card)?

Thanks.

"Michael Kujawa" escribió:

Michael Kujawa

This question is best supported in the windowsmedia groups.

microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder

Having wrote that however,
In order to allow others to view realtime, it has to be streamed
The encoder is the connection point for the video/audio stream
via hardware. The content the encoder uses does not have to be files.
The encoder needs to be installed on the PC that has the TV Card.

Connections from others are "direct" to the encoder box to pick up the
stream produced.

Mike K