Vista + IIS 7 + Webapps not starting - blank screen

Jurjen de Groot

I've got VS2005 running on Vista.
In my WebApp I have configured it to run using IIS and have let VS2005
create the virtual directory
I have installed II6 Management compatibility software as per instruction
found on Scott Gu's blog.
I'm starting VS2005 as 'Administrator'
When pressing F5, an empty page is shown (URL is correct though), also tried
setting a breakpoint in PageLoad but it doesn't seem to get there...
Even a new WebApp with no code, just a few controls on the page results in
the following HTML:

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html;
charset=windows-1252"></HEAD>
<BODY></BODY>
<META content=FUGCLQURCL name=SKYPE_FRAMEID></HTML>

Any ideas / pointers as to how to solve this ?

TIA,
Jurjen

Jurjen de Groot

It seems that after creating the virtual directory from VS-2005 you have to
enable 'Windows Authentication' (and possibly Forms Auth) on the Virtual
Directory in IIS manager.