Visual Basic SQL - No Results on Page!

gmark

I've just installed Visual Web Developer and using Visual Basic
(2010). I just want to make four reads from an existing SQL database
and display them on a page. I drag a table to the design screen, then
drag an SQL object from the Tool Box -- go through the configuration,
test the query, all is well. Put three more queries in the table,
same thing. After each SQL query addition, I test it. Then I test it
in a browser (IE), and the SQL results are blank. No error messages
or anything, just blank.

The server is notoriously slow, so I've had to up the timeout in the
Visual Web tool. Perhaps browsers have a separate timeout parameter
(where would it be in IE?).

How can I fix this and keep it from happening again? What if I have
(gasp) more than four SQL reads?

The output from each of these queries is a sum (i. e., a single
number, less than 5K, nothing but an integer).

TIA!!