Visual C++ & Bluetooth Serial Comm

rich.poum

I have a bluetooth device sending ASCII at 9600 baud. From my PC
device manager my "Bluetooth Communication Port" is (COM5). The
bluetooth device wizard created the "Serial over Bluetooth link" for
outgoing and incoming as COM14 and COM15 respective. Using hypterminal
and using COM14 (I'm surprised I don't even need to set the baud rate
and handingshaking for this port), I'm able to receive the data from
bluetooth device fine. In the code of my MFC program I can't open
neither COM14 nor COM15. I can only open COM5 which doesn't appear to
be receiving the data. Why is this? What is the difference b/w
"Bluetooth Communication Port" and "Serial over Bluetooth link" in the
Device manager? Thanks in advance.

Michael DOUBEZ

I have a bluetooth device sending ASCII at 9600 baud. From my PC
device manager my "Bluetooth Communication Port" is (COM5). The
bluetooth device wizard created the "Serial over Bluetooth link" for
outgoing and incoming as COM14 and COM15 respective. Using hypterminal
and using COM14 (I'm surprised I don't even need to set the baud rate
and handingshaking for this port), I'm able to receive the data from
bluetooth device fine. In the code of my MFC program I can't open
neither COM14 nor COM15. I can only open COM5 which doesn't appear to
be receiving the data. Why is this? What is the difference b/w
"Bluetooth Communication Port" and "Serial over Bluetooth link" in the
Device manager?

This is a C++ only group and your question is OT here. You should try a
group specific to your OS: comp.os.ms-windows.*

Concerning your problem, a guess is that Windows doesn't handle COM port
with 2 digits in the name.
You should try the syntax \\.\COMXX or in C++: "\\\\.\\COM14" :).