Visual Studio 2005 and Mobile WAP Site

meo

Can I use Visual Studio 2005 (VB.NET) develop WAP site?

I cannot see the mobile control or any template like a Visual Studio.NET.

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

Can I use Visual Studio 2005 (VB.NET) develop WAP site?

I cannot see the mobile control or any template like a Visual Studio.NET.

I believe the native asp.net controls support mobile devices out of the box
-- based on information on the connecting device (derived from the request)
asp.net renders the controls differently for mobile devices than it does
for PCs

Teemu Keiski

That was on beta 1 stage. You just create the web site / application
normally but then on add New Item you add Mobile Web Form instead of Web
Form. That makes the difference so that you have different set of controls
at your disposal. E.g there are seperate mobile controls in ASP.NET 2.0.

If you use Web Application project options see:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...-studio-2005-service-pack-1-sp1-released.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/a...-web-forms-with-web-applicaiton-projects.aspx

--
Teemu Keiski
AspInsider, ASP.NET MVP

Rad [Visual C# MVP]

That was on beta 1 stage. You just create the web site / application
normally but then on add New Item you add Mobile Web Form instead of Web
Form. That makes the difference so that you have different set of controls
at your disposal. E.g there are seperate mobile controls in ASP.NET 2.0.

If you use Web Application project options see:
http://weblogs.asp.net/scottgu/arch...-studio-2005-service-pack-1-sp1-released.aspx
http://blogs.msdn.com/webdevtools/a...-web-forms-with-web-applicaiton-projects.aspx

My bad ... didn't know that. Will make it a point to check it out.