Visual Studio and Composite Control

Chris

I know this will be very simple but I'm stuck. I have:

Created a Web Control Library and built a basic control
I have added a web application to the solution. I was under the impression
the control would appear in the toolbox of the Web App.
I have tried pointing the toolbox at the dll created by the Web Control.
I drag the control and get an "unknown server tag"

What am I doing wrong?

I feel your pain. Sometimes the controls automatically show up in the
toolbox, and sometimes they don't. It's rather annoying.
When they don't show up, you can just drag the control's DLL from Windows
Explorer (not the Visual Studio Solution Explorer) onto your toolbox.