Visual studio and sessions (crossposted)

Stephanie Stowe

Hi. The VStudio group does not seem to get much action. I think ASP folks
may be able to answer as well. I have a situation that I cannot understand
why it is happening. I have an ASP app which I am debugging in Visual
Studio.NET. I am trying to duplicate a situation with 2 users. I open a
browser and access my site (local to my machine). I navigate to the page I
am trying to test. I then run the same app from Visual Studio.NET by hitting
the debug/start button.

Could this be doing the equivalent of an IISreset, or somehow causing the
Session_OnEnd to fire for the *other* browser session? That is what seems to
be happening, but I am having a hard time confirming it. If Visual Studio is
the culprit, so to speak, then my code is working properly, or I need to
prove it does outside of Visual Studio. Otherwise my code is broken and I
have to fix it.

Thanks!

Stephanie

Stephanie Stowe

Stephanie Stowe said:
Hi. The VStudio group does not seem to get much action. I think ASP folks
may be able to answer as well. I have a situation that I cannot understand
why it is happening. I have an ASP app which I am debugging in Visual
Studio.NET. I am trying to duplicate a situation with 2 users. I open a
browser and access my site (local to my machine). I navigate to the page I
am trying to test. I then run the same app from Visual Studio.NET by hitting
the debug/start button.

Could this be doing the equivalent of an IISreset, or somehow causing the
Session_OnEnd to fire for the *other* browser session?

I think I answered it myself. Application_OnStart is fired. That's gotta
blow away other sessions. True? Thanks.

Bob Barrows [MVP]

Stephanie said:
Hi. The VStudio group does not seem to get much action. I think ASP
folks may be able to answer as well. I have a situation that I cannot
understand why it is happening. I have an ASP app which I am
debugging in Visual Studio.NET. I

question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

Raffaele Rialdi [MVP]

Stephanie Stowe wrote:
[...]

The microsft.public.it.* hierarchy, is Italian so you should post into
Italian language here.

Stephanie Stowe

Bob Barrows said:
question to a group where those dotnet-savvy people hang out. I suggest

This is a classic ASP app. I just happen to be using VS.NET.

Stephanie Stowe

Raffaele Rialdi said:
Stephanie Stowe wrote:
[...]

The microsft.public.it.* hierarchy, is Italian so you should post into
Italian language here.

Sono spiacente!