VS 2005 and IIS 5.0

Guest

iSupport SolutionsI've just installed VS 2005 standard on my XP Pro sp2 PC.
Working with a web project on a file system works fine, running an asp web
site from IIS works fine. But every time I try to run my recently created
ASP.NET 2.0 web site IIS hangs and inetinfo.exe CPU usage hits 100%!!

1) Problem happens when trying to run the project. VS will open it, but IIS
will hang when I try to run it (ctrl+F5) from VS, if I try to Browse from
within IIS, or if I open IE and type in the URL (http://localhost/...).

2) I've let it run for more than ten minutes, it does not time out and does
not return an error message.

3) Yes the site is configured for ASP.NET 2.0.

I've just wasted most of a day reformatting my hard-drive and re-installing
my system in an effort to get going, Same problem!!!!

HELP! Please

Morgan

Will your website work using the "built in" webserver? Dont specify IIS as
location, but use FileShare instead?

Guest

Yes it works perfectly from the file system.

I've also checked other sites I've got set up as Virtual directories on IIS:
asp sites work fine but the symptom described happens with both .NET 1.1 and
..NET 2.0 sites now that I've installed VS 2005!! Prior to this I was using VS
2003 and everything worked perfectly. now not only can I not start using 2.0,
I can't work with my current 1.1 projects!!! This issue is starting to cost
me money!!!!!
--
Martyn

Morgan said:
Will your website work using the "built in" webserver? Dont specify IIS as
location, but use FileShare instead?

Guest

I just solved my own issue. I saw in 2 separate articles that someone had
installed a Vodafone 3G Cellular modem and had seen this problem. I
purchased a Cingular Aircard. Along with the card there was a piece of
software called Cingular connection manager. I uninstalled it and it fixed
my problem! Crazy! I suggest that anyone with a cellular modem uninstall
their connectivity software if they are having this problem.

Regards,

Les