VS 2008 errors in Win7

msnews.microsoft.com

I replaced my WinXP machine with Windows 7 machine and re-installed all
software. I am running VS 2008 with Ajax Control Toolkit. When I go into a
page that has ajax controls I am getting the top @ Page line underlined with
the error "ASP.NET runtime error: An error occurred loading a configuration
file: Failed to start monitoring changes to '.....

When I go into the design mode I get "Error Creating Control. Unknown
server tag 'cc1:CalendarExtender'

The web site runs fine and I get none of this in my other PC which is WinXP
and VS 2008. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

David

Andrew Morton

msnews.microsoft.com said:
I replaced my WinXP machine with Windows 7 machine and re-installed
all software. I am running VS 2008 with Ajax Control Toolkit. When I
go into a page that has ajax controls I am getting the top @ Page
line underlined with the error "ASP.NET runtime error: An error
occurred loading a configuration file: Failed to start monitoring
changes to '.....
When I go into the design mode I get "Error Creating Control. Unknown
server tag 'cc1:CalendarExtender'

The web site runs fine and I get none of this in my other PC which is
WinXP and VS 2008. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

Have you installed SP1 for VS2008, and are you running it as Administrator
(as in: right-click VS and choose Run as Administrator)?

Andrew

msnews.microsoft.com

Andrew Morton said:
Have you installed SP1 for VS2008, and are you running it as Administrator
(as in: right-click VS and choose Run as Administrator)?

Andrew
Yes and yes.

David

DavidC

Andrew Morton said:
Have you installed SP1 for VS2008, and are you running it as Administrator
(as in: right-click VS and choose Run as Administrator)?

Andrew
Andrew,
The "Run as Administrator" worked, which is strange because I am a member of
administrators on both the local PC and the network domain.

David

Andrew Morton

DavidC said:
Andrew,
The "Run as Administrator" worked, which is strange because I am a
member of administrators on both the local PC and the network domain.

I'm surprised VS didn't tell you that was required (/the/ Administrator
account is not the same as /an/ administrator account); mine does (on W7
64-bit).

It gets annoying when you start up VS and then think "oops... should have
Run as Administrator". ISTR they've fixed it for VS2010.

Anyway, glad that solution worked for you.

Andrew