VS.NET 2005 Mobile Web Application Template?

Asaf

Hi,

Using VS.NET 2005 SP1 I can’t find the "ASP.NET Mobile Web Application" at
the "New Project" dialog box under "Templates" for developing a WAP web
application.

Thanks in advanced for any help,
Asaf

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Asaf,

As for the Visual Studio 2005 web application, it has merged the standard
web application and mobile web application. You can simply create a new
"WebSite" (or web application project) and then add Mobile Page or Mobile
usercontrols in it. So you do not need a separate "Mobile" Web application
template as Visual Studo.NET 2003 does. Also, just like the programming
language, in Visual Studio 2005, you can create a single ASP.NET web
application and use pages with C# or VB.NET languages.

#Creating ASP.NET Mobile Web Pages
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/8htez1ds.aspx

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

ications.

Asaf

Hi Steven,

Thanks for the info.
I have another issue, is there a way to set TextBox control to "multiline"
and how to set TextBox control to RTL?

Kind regards,
Asaf

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Asaf,

For the Multi-Line textbox, the ASP.NET Mobile control collection doesn't
include a built-in one. This is because there has few device that support
mutlti-line textbox at the time ASPNET mobile control be designed. And so
far, if you would like to use multi-line textbox, you can define some
device specific template(e.g. for POCKET PC IE) to use ASP.NET standard
textbox control which support multi-line. Here is a former thread
discussing on this:

#Mobile Controls (Text Control

And for the RTL or LTR setting, it is also depend on the target device
(whether support or how to support the BIDI text setting). If html is
supported, you can also put html code (with "dir" setting) through the
above template approach.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

Hi Asaf,

Does the information in my last reply still helps some or have you got any
further info on this? If there is anything else we can help, please feel
free to let me know.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

Steven Cheng[MSFT]

You're welcome.

If you have any new questions later, please feel free to post here.