VS.NET Solution to Share Assembly w/Multiple Web App

Guest

I have an ASP.NET web application where build on 3 tiers: web app / business
logic / data access layer.

Now I want to build a second web application based on the common business
logic and data access components.

I understand that I should put the common assemblies in the GAC.

Can anyone help me understand how to organize my Visual Studio .NET
solution(s) to build the common layers separately, deploy them to the GAC,
and build the web applications separately?

How many solutions should I have? How can I get these into 1 solution so all
the dependencies work correctly (e.g. I change a common class, and the
dependent web apps rebuild accordingly, etc.)?