web app service accounts

Dominick Baier

No.

Use two different worker accounts and 2 app pools. This way you can cleanly
ACL-separate both apps (NTFS and SQL).

ryan.mccutchen

I am looking for some feedback on an approach and if anybody has some
documentation to point me to that would be great....So here is the
scenario:

I have 2 .net apps on running on the same web server. Both apps have
databases on the same database server. (web and database are 2 separate
boxes)

Webapp1 has confidential data while Webbapp2 does not.

My question is should both of these apps run under the same app pool
with the same identity. My concern is that if the asp.net process on
Webapp2 was comprised then that same service account has read/write
access to the database of my confidential Webapp1.

I am a noobie, so any advice is greatly appreciated.

thanks

ryan.mccutchen

Thanks. Would you know of any msdn or any other documentation to help
support this.