web.config question

Manuel

Hi to all,
I'm new in asp.net and have a problem with deploy of my application.
If I up on the my server the file *.aspx and *.cs it will run perfectly,
but if I try up a web.config it give this an error page:

Server Error in '/' Application.
Runtime Error
custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the
application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It
could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Now I'm working with a database and need to up a web.config, in visual
studio it run perfecly using remote db too.Follow the config file to up:

<configuration>
<appSettings/>
<connectionStrings>
<add name="mysqlConnString" connectionString="Database=membership;Data
Source=$MyAddress$;User Id=adm;Password=$MyPass$"/>
</connectionStrings>
<system.web>
<compilation debug="false" />
<authentication mode="Forms">
<forms loginUrl="~/Examples/login.aspx" name=".ASPXFORMSAUTH" />
</authentication>
<machineKey validationKey="AutoGenerate,IsolateApps"
decryptionKey="AutoGenerate,IsolateApps" validation="SHA1"/>

<roleManager defaultProvider="MySqlRoleProvider" enabled="true"
cacheRolesInCookie="true" cookieName=".ASPROLES" cookieTimeout="30"
cookiePath="/" cookieRequireSSL="false" cookieSlidingExpiration="true"
cookieProtection="All">
<providers>
<clear/>
<add
name="MySqlRoleProvider"
connectionStringName="mysqlConnString"
applicationName="YOURAPPNAME"
type="Andri.Web.MySqlRoleProvider"
/>
</providers>
</roleManager>
<membership defaultProvider="MySqlMembershipProvider">
<providers>
<clear />
<add
connectionStringName="mysqlConnString"
applicationName="YOURAPPNAME"
enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
enablePasswordReset="true"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
requiresUniqueEmail="true"
passwordFormat="Clear"
name="MySqlMembershipProvider"
encryptionKey="AB56FE8EA700B42A"
type="Andri.Web.MySqlMembershipProvider"
/>
</providers>
</membership>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Any suggestion?

Thanks in advance

Juan T. Llibre

Is the application marked as an ASP.NET 2.0 app ?

In the IIS Manager, check the app's properties and make sure that
it's running against the .Net Framework 2.0 and not agains 1.1.

Also, since you apparently are accessing the site remotely with your browser,
add this to the site's web.config :

<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />

Add it anywhere within the <system.web> </system.web> tags

That will allow you to see the error being generated.

Guest

[...]

Add a new key to the <system.web>:

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

it helps to see the error.

P.S. you don't need to deploy .cs files

Juan T. Llibre

re:
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" />

That's a typo produced by a mistaken cut-and-paste.

As Alexei just pointed out,

<customErrors mode="Off" />

....is more helpful in allowing the error to be displayed.

Manuel

Thanks for the your attention. The result is:

allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This
error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an
application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 20:
Line 21: <compilation debug="false" />
Line 22: <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 23: <forms loginUrl="~/Examples/login.aspx" name=".ASPXFORMSAUTH" />
Line 24: </authentication>

I have a server with a plesk panel, I'm not sure of the possibility to
set a virtual directory.

Anon User ha scritto:

Manuel

Thanks for the your attention. The result is:

allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This
error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an
application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 20:
Line 21: <compilation debug="false" />
Line 22: <authentication mode="Forms">
Line 23: <forms loginUrl="~/Examples/login.aspx"
name=".ASPXFORMSAUTH" />
Line 24: </authentication>

I have a server with a plesk panel, I'm not sure of the possibility to
set a virtual directory.

Manuel

Thanks all those that have helped me, I have solved building a new
virtual directory in the configuration panel.Was simple!

Juan T. Llibre

The solution, of course, is to create an IIS application
which points to the physical directory where your web site resides.