Web Deployment Project Error

Bobby Edward

When I build my web deployment project I get this error:

An error occurred when merging assemblies: ILMerge.Merge: ERROR!!:
Duplicate type 'MasterPage' found in assembly 'App_Web_yarpwypi'.

The "File" is aspnet_merge in the "Error List" window.

I built this website deployment project fine yesterday. Today I made very
MINOR changes to some HTML tables (unrelated to master files or code.)

I only have 2 master files in the whole project (MasterPage.master and
Admin\Admin.master). I have no duplicate class names.

Any ideas?

I changed the output to verbose. Here's my output...

------ Build started: Project: f:\...\BFH\, Configuration: Debug .NET ------
Validating Web Site
Building directory '/BFH/admin/'.
Building directory '/BFH/Scripts/'.
Building directory '/BFH/'.

Validation Complete
------ Build started: Project: BFH_deploy, Configuration: Debug Any
CPU ------
Build started 3/10/2008 8:42:18 PM.
Building with tools version "3.5".
Target _PrepareForBuild:
Task "CreateProperty"
Done executing task "CreateProperty".
Task "CreateProperty"
Done executing task "CreateProperty".
Task "CreateProperty"
Done executing task "CreateProperty".
Target "_SplitProjectReferencesByType" skipped, due to false condition;
('@(ProjectReference)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
Target "_PrepareForBuild" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target GetFrameworkPathAndRedistList:
Task "GetFrameworkPath"
Done executing task "GetFrameworkPath".
Task "CreateItem"
Done executing task "CreateItem".
Target _ResolveReferences:
Task "CreateItem"
Done executing task "CreateItem".
Task "ReadLinesFromFile" skipped, due to false condition; (
'%(References_RefreshFile.Identity)' != '' ) was evaluated as ( '' != '' ).
Task "CombinePath"
Done executing task "CombinePath".
Task "Copy"
Done executing task "Copy".
Task "ResolveAssemblyReference" skipped, due to false condition;
(Exists('%(References.Identity)')) was evaluated as (Exists('')).
Task "Copy"
Done executing task "Copy".
Target "_ResolveProjectReferences" skipped, due to false condition;
('@(NonVCProjectReference)'!='') was evaluated as (''!='').
Target "ResolveAssemblyReferences" skipped, due to false condition;
('@(Reference)'!='' or '@(_ResolvedProjectReferencePaths)'!='') was
evaluated as (''!='' or ''!='').
Target "_CopyBeforeBuild" skipped, due to false condition; (
'$(EnableCopyBeforeBuild)' == 'true' or '@(ExcludeFromBuild)' != '' ) was
evaluated as ( '' == 'true' or '' != '' ).
Target BeforeBuild:
Target "_PrepareForBuild" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target AspNetCompiler:
Task "AspNetCompiler"

Command:
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler.exe -v
/BFH -p F:\work-related\websites\BFH -u -f -d .\TempBuildDir\
The "AspNetCompiler" task is using "aspnet_compiler.exe" from
"C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler.exe".
Utility to precompile an ASP.NET application

Done executing task "AspNetCompiler".
Task "ToggleDebugCompilation"
Skipped update to Web.config file. File does not exist.
Done executing task "ToggleDebugCompilation".
Task "RemoveDir" skipped, due to false condition;
('$(DeleteAppDataFolder)' == 'true') was evaluated as ('' == 'true').
Task "CreateItem" skipped, due to false condition; ('$(UseMerge)' !=
'true') was evaluated as ('true' != 'true').
Target BeforeMerge:
Target GetFrameworkPaths:
Task "GetFrameworkPath"
Done executing task "GetFrameworkPath".
Task "GetFrameworkSdkPath"
Done executing task "GetFrameworkSdkPath".
Target "_PrepareForBuild" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target "AspNetCompiler" skipped. Previously built successfully.
Target "GenerateAssemblyInfo" skipped, due to false condition; (
'@(AssemblyAttributes)' != '' ) was evaluated as ( '' != '' ).
Target AspNetMerge:
Task "AspNetMerge"
Running aspnet_merge.exe.
Command:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\aspnet_merge.exe
..\TempBuildDir -o BFH_deploy -a -debug -copyattrs
The "AspNetMerge" task is using "aspnet_merge.exe" from "C:\Program
Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v6.0A\bin\aspnet_merge.exe".
Utility to merge precompiled ASP.NET assemblies. Version 3.5.21022.
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation 2007. All rights reserved.

aspnet_merge : error occurred: An error occurred when merging
assemblies: ILMerge.Merge: ERROR!!: Duplicate type 'MasterPage' found in
assembly 'App_Web_hz-dd0yp'.
The command exited with code 1.
Done executing task "AspNetMerge" -- FAILED.
Done building target "AspNetMerge" in project "BFH_deploy.wdproj" -- FAILED.

Done building project "BFH_deploy.wdproj" -- FAILED.

Build FAILED.

Time Elapsed 00:00:08.45
========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========