Web Matrix 0.6 and GridView .NET 2.0

Yong Chen

Hello,

I use Web Matrix 0.6 with .NET 1.1 ( MxDataGrid ).

How/can I use GridView control (.NET 2.0 ) ?

TIA,

MM

Yong Chen

What I really ment is:

What is the correct procedure to use Web Matrix with .NET 2.0
in order to take advantage of the new features included in 2.0 (ViewGrid).

I'd like to continue to use Web Matrix, as opposed to VWD, if possible.

I expected to see new Web Controls (ViewGrid) on the toolbar,
after installing .NET 2.0 on top of .NET 1.1
Do I have to "Ad local Toolbox Components..."

TIA

Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP

I don't think you can do that because Web Matrix was built for 1.1. It
wouldn't know how to render the new controls.

Yong Chen

Is Web Matrix a "dead product", limited to .NET 1.1?
Any plan to "update it" to make use of .NET 2.0?

TIA

Teemu Keiski

To add to Ken's comment, Visual Web Developer beats Web Matrix in any level
with every feature. There's just no reason to use Web Matrix since you get
all the features in Visual Web Developer Express Edition for free
(Intellisense, inline, code-behind, designers etc etc)