Web Service Deployment

meena

Hi ,

SCENARIO:

I have developed an ASP.NET Web Service. It has the
following files
a)Service1.asmx and associated Service1.asmx.cs file'
b)XMLSchema1.xsd and associated XMLSchema1.cs file
c)Web.config file.

My clients are developers of a front end ASP.NEt Web
application which will access my Webservice . In effect in
the whole scenario I have developed the middle tier
application and also I am using some databases on a
backend SQL Server system. Now I have an "
appsettings " section in my web.config file using which
i specify the username and pwd to access my backened SQL
server system. I used this method so that my clients can
fill in their own values when i deploy the product.

PROBLEM :

How do I create my deployment project so that I can ship
alongwith the dll files needed for using my webservice ,
the web.config file . I dont want to give any other source
code files to them . All I want to ship is web.config and
the necessary dll files. Please tell me links where I can
get some samples .

Thanks
Meena

Saurabh Nandu

Hi,

Use the Web Deployment Project Type of VS.NET to build your deployment
project and ensure you add Web.Config file.

Regards
Akila
[MVP|MCAD]