Webcam support

Navkirat Singh

Hi Guys,

I am programming a web centric app in python for customer, which needs to click a snap of the customer and forward the pic to the server via POST. I am not very familiar with how I can achieve this. Any direction would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Nav

garabik-news-2005-05

Navkirat Singh said:
Hi Guys,

I am programming a web centric app in python for customer, which needs
to click a snap of the customer and forward the pic to the server via
POST. I am not very familiar with how I can achieve this. Any
direction would be much appreciated.

For something very similar, I used fswebcam, the crucial code looked
like this:

def capture_frame(filename, brightness=50):
os.system('fswebcam -S 1 -r %s -s brightness=%i%%
--font /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf
--jpeg 60 --save %s' % (RESOLUTION, brightness, filename))

| Radovan Garabík http://kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk/~garabik/ |
| __..--^^^--..__ garabik @ kassiopeia.juls.savba.sk |
Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your signature file to help me spread

Navkirat Singh

For something very similar, I used fswebcam, the crucial code looked
like this:

def capture_frame(filename, brightness=50):
os.system('fswebcam -S 1 -r %s -s brightness=%i%%
--font /usr/share/fonts/truetype/ttf-dejavu/DejaVuSans.ttf
--jpeg 60 --save %s' % (RESOLUTION, brightness, filename))

Thanks guys, I stumbled upon jpegcam (javascript and flash library) which does this. It works awesome !! :)

Regards