Webcontrols - No intellisense, greyed out in toolbox - VS2005 SP1/Vista

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by jrdaley, Jun 21, 2007.

  1. jrdaley

    jrdaley Guest

    Not sure if Vista factors into the equation or not, but my guess would
    be YES.

    I installed Visual Studio 2005 (+SP1) on a Vista laptop and my
    ASP .NET webcontrols (and AJAX controls) are not registering in
    intellisense and are not avail for drag/drop from the toolbox (greyed
    out). I can force them in there and compile/run just fine. I already
    tried the "repair" option from the add/remove programs entry.

    Any thoughts? I know there has to be a fix for this, my guess is that
    VS2005 is looking in the wrong place. I don't want to have to
    uninstall/reinstall.

    I've seen other posts for this, but no answers.

    Has anyone been able to resolve this problem?

    Thanks!

    jrdaley, Jun 21, 2007

  2. jrdaley

    jrdaley Guest

    One more detail - the only controls that do show up as enabled in the
    toolbox in the designer are the HTML controls. It's like it doesn't
    realize i'm working on an .aspx page, a master page, a webusercontrol,
    etc...

    jrdaley, Jun 21, 2007

  3. jrdaley

    jrdaley Guest

    I found a solution

    After installing AJAX Extensions and the additional toolkit...

    1) Uninstall Visual Studio 2005
    2) Reinstall Visual Studio 2005
    3) Get the appropriate VS2005 updates from windows update, in my case
    it was...
    a) SP1
    b) update for Vista

    AJAX does not have to be reinstalled.

    Everything works, full intellisense, ajax works, toolbox works, happy
    times.

    Now if Microsoft would just send me that check for the 2 days I lost
    trying to figure this out...

    jrdaley, Jun 22, 2007