WebControls with IE7

Bas Groeneveld

Hi

I have developed an ASP.NET application making extensive use of the
Microsoft WebControls.

It appears that these controls are not compatible with IE7? They seem to
render like they do on a a pre IE5.1 browser.

Is there a way to get the webcontrols to work with IE7 or are they no longer
supported on that browser?

Thanks
Bas

Bas Groeneveld
Benchmark Design System and Software Engineering
PO Box 165N, Ballarat North, VIC 3350
Phone: +61 3 5333 5441 Mob: 0409 954 501

Mark Rae

Is there a way to get the webcontrols to work with IE7

I've not been able to find any reliable way of getting them to work with
ASP.NET 2, let alone IE7...
http://forums.asp.net/thread/1182070.aspx
or are they no longer supported on that browser?

No longer supported at all:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/webcontrols/overview/overview.asp

Which is a bit of a shame because, although they were no use for the public
Internet, they were incredibly useful for enclosed intranets where all
client browsers were IE. The tab view was superb.

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

The IE web controls (separate download) were never a supported product. If
you got them at the time they were originally out, with source, you can
recompile your own fixes. If not, some of the functionality is now
encapsulated in .NET 2.0 controls.

Bas Groeneveld

Hi Mark

Looks like I was wrong and the behaviour of IE7 with the webControls was
caused by something introduced by the upgrade from IE8 to IE7.

Once I reset the Intranet Security Settings for IE7 back to Default
(Medium-Low) the WebControls started rendering correctly again!

Cheers
Bas

Bas Groeneveld

Nah - just come back from the future! :)

Actually meant upgrade from IE6 to IE7.

Bas