Website cloaking

shyPotter

Hi,

I have used this feature with IIS but I cannot remember now.

Basicly what I want is.

When Some one type mydomain.com it goes to mydomain.com and all further
links are on other domain name and pages.

I want user to see all the time mydomain.com not the full url with
querystring.

application is asp classic on IIS.

Kind Regards,

Adrienne Boswell

Hi,

I have used this feature with IIS but I cannot remember now.

Basicly what I want is.

When Some one type mydomain.com it goes to mydomain.com and all further
links are on other domain name and pages.

I want user to see all the time mydomain.com not the full url with
querystring.

application is asp classic on IIS.

Kind Regards,

If you want to stay in Google, you will not do something like that.
Cloaking will get you penalized and out of the index in a flash.

Additionally, why would you not want users to see the full URL? If you
are worried about long URLs not being indexed by SEs, most SEs have no
issue with querystrings.

You might want to look into mod-rewrite. IIRC, there is a component
that does this.