Weight of horizontal rule

informant

rf said:
Just as I thought. You don't understand even simple HTML so you resort to
using kludges like images.

The truth is out in alt.html. St00pid Bullis knows nothing.
And how are you going to control the width of that image? CSS? I'll bet not.
You will make that image 780 pixels wide by 2 high and destroy any chance at
all of the page being liquid.

And St00pid runs away.

informant

Sally Thompson said:
Well, Richard, I have to say that a site with many different coloured
rules would be rather busy to me from the design point of view. I
have a simple design with a (thin!) <hr> on every page, plus one or
two others where occasionally needed. It has been far far simpler for
me to write this in my stylesheet than to go through every page
changing them. Besides, one of the beauties of the style sheet I have
found is that I can make one change and see the effect instantly on
every page. In fact, I keep a sample stylesheet and sample related
html page just for this purpose.

Bullis has absolutely no idea what you're talking about here. He's a moron.
<praise>By the way, I have to say to you all (since I've crawled out
of the lurking woodwork) that I have had so much help from all the
questions and answers here, and the many links which I've been
following. This is the first time I've needed to actually ask
anything myself - but all your collective help to others has been
tremendous and much appreciated (I'm sure not just by me).</praise>

Just your luck to have Bullis reply to your post. Usenet apologizes.

informant

Richard said:
Even so, the <hr> tag has to be hand coded into the page(s).
If you're using the same layout for all of your pages, that's no big deal.
Using inline style, I can be more creative with every <hr>.

Bullis, you and creative are mutually exclusive.
Using the full version, I'm stuck with having the same thing every time.
The way I see it, inline style is better for short definitions because the
program doesn't have to keep referencing the source as the source is right
there.

What the **** are you talking about, St00pid?
what if I wanted one <hr> to be red and the next one blue?
write two definitions for the same thing? I don't think so.
Which would you prefer?
hr.a1 { blah blah }
hr.b2 { blah blah }
or
<hr style="blah blah">

*I* prefer for St00pid Bullis to be silent until the Fukkkhead knows what
it's talking about.

From: "Richard" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: alt.html
Subject: Re: Weight of horizontal rule
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 02:28:09 -0600

Steve R.

informant wrote in message ...
Bullis has absolutely no idea what you're talking about here. He's a moron.
Just your luck to have Bullis reply to your post. Usenet apologizes.

Because of the negative tone of all your responses here in this normally useful forum, I don't wish
to waste time reading any more of your replies so you are about to be added to my blocked senders
list. Hopefully others will follow.

rf

Steve R. said:
informant wrote in message ...

Because of the negative tone of all your responses here in this normally useful forum, I don't wish
to waste time reading any more of your replies so you are about to be added to my blocked senders
list. Hopefully others will follow.

At least the rest of us that have a go at this Richard offer some
information to back up our claims as to his ignorance and do offer the
correct information for the sake of the newbies who may be lurking. Not so
informant. He/she is on a personal vendetta and probably far less informded
than the Richard he is stalking. I have yet to see he/r offer any single bit
of advice about HTML.

It's getting to be very boring.

Cheers
Richard.

John Henry

You! Yes, YOU, informant ([email protected])! Behind the alt.usenet.kooks
sheds! Stand still, laddie!
There *is* a real reason that is a
valid group, you know.

Now, understand, I'm just taking a wild-assed guess here, but I'm
thinking that perhaps this is because at some point in time, someone
noticed that Richard S. Bullis of Plover Wisconsin, a stain on Usenet for
the last 5 years or so who has admitted to having a minimum of 25,000
different child porn im...er, sorry, "tasteful nudes of children"...on
his hard drive but can't take the $40 and two hours necessary to patch
the hole in the "bathroom" of his hovel-on-wheels, a "man" who once told
the world how he would like to drag a 10 year old girl into international
waters - "and her momma and sisters, too!" - so that he could drug and
rape her without facing criminal charges, a "man" for whom the very
notion of cluefulness causes paroxyms of confusion and legal threats, a
"man" who can't even manage to properly transcribe a sample page from a
$10 Idiot's Guide To HTML into a web page that he'll then claim to have
invented, along with html, http, the circuit board, and Pong, I'm
thinking that perhaps someone at some point decided that this man's
advice was...well, bad.

I surmise that by "bad" they mean "not good."

Of course, I could have gotten the wrong idea someplace...

--
John Henry
-Now playing: Winamp stopped

Samuël van Laere

rf said:
At least the rest of us that have a go at this Richard offer some
information to back up our claims as to his ignorance and do offer the
correct information for the sake of the newbies who may be lurking. Not so
informant. He/she is on a personal vendetta and probably far less informded
than the Richard he is stalking. I have yet to see he/r offer any single bit
of advice about HTML.

It's getting to be very boring.

Cheers
Richard.

I dislike informants anway, so how can i do a killfile in Outlook?

Regards,
Samuël

informant

Samuël van Laere said:
I dislike informants anway, so how can i do a killfile in Outlook?

Click on a message, then in the toolbar, click Message>Block Sender.

informant

John Henry said:
[...]

Bullis is such a full-spectrum K00k that it's hard to imagine he could hold
a job or accomplish anything. Oh wait.

informant

Steve R. said:
informant wrote in message ...

Because of the negative tone of all your responses here in this normally useful forum, I don't wish
to waste time reading any more of your replies so you are about to be added to my blocked senders
list. Hopefully others will follow.

Always good advice for those you don't care to read.

informant

rf said:
At least the rest of us that have a go at this Richard offer some
information to back up our claims as to his ignorance and do offer the
correct information for the sake of the newbies who may be lurking.

And I appreciate it, rf.
Not so
informant. He/she is on a personal vendetta and probably far less informded
than the Richard he is stalking. I have yet to see he/r offer any single bit
of advice about HTML.

No, and I'll admit I have no interest. I'll just let you handle Bullis for
now.
It's getting to be very boring.

Understood.

Starshine Moonbeam

"informant"([email protected]) said:
Bullis, you and creative are mutually exclusive.

Bullis, you and intelligence are mutually exclusive.
What the **** are you talking about, St00pid?

No shit. That was Wollmann worthy.

*I* prefer for St00pid Bullis to be silent until the Fukkkhead knows what
it's talking about.

That'll be a good long while. Sure you want to wait that long?

--
mhm 31x9
Smeeter #28, 29, or 30

"My candle burns at both ends. It will not last the night;
but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends, it gives a lovely light."
-- Edna St. Vincent Millay

Mark Parnell

Sometime around Sun, 09 Nov 2003 18:04:36 GMT, Samuël van Laere is reported
to have stated:
how can i do a killfile in Outlook?

Assuming you mean Outlook Express (Outlook doesn't do NG AFAIK) - go to
Message>Block Sender.