weird behavior when using 2 different connections - 1 for application 1 for reports

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by TS, Jan 24, 2006.

  1. TS

    TS Guest

    I have 2 sql server databases on 2 different servers, a web app, and a
    crystal reports interface. When the app uses 1 database and the reports
    datasource points to a different database, both databases on different
    servers, the application always comes up, but the report comes back saying
    no data.

    When i have both the app and reports pointing to the first server or both
    pointing to the second server, the reports and application work fine. The
    problem is when they don't use the same database. Since the reports work
    fine for both databases when both app and report are pointing to same db, I
    dont' think it can be the Crystal report since it does work well.

    i was thinking it was something to do with either connection or identity or
    some factor, maybe since they are on two different servers and some
    connectivity issue or something. i'm going to test 2 diff databases on the
    same server and see if the problem still persists.

    If anyone has any idea, please give me your thoughts, Thanks

    TS, Jan 24, 2006

  2. Hi TS,

    Based on your description, this seems to be a CrystalReport client problem.
    Since CrystalReport is not supported by Microsoft. I suggest you try to
    contact business objects for more information. Or we can wait to see if
    there is any community member who can shed some light on it.

    Here is the BusinessObjects support website.
    http://support.businessobjects.com/

    Kevin Yu
    =======
    rights."