Weird erro while debugging WS in VS2005

eschneider

Weird erro while debugging WS in VS2005?

================================

System.TypeLoadException occurred

Message="Could not load type 'System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.repeater'
from assembly 'System.Web, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'."

Source="mscorlib"

TypeName="System.Web.UI.WebControls.WebParts.repeater"

StackTrace:

at System.Reflection.Assembly._GetType(String name, Boolean
throwOnError, Boolean ignoreCase)

at
System.Web.UI.NamespaceTagNameToTypeMapper.System.Web.UI.ITagNameToTypeMapper.GetControlType(String
tagName, IDictionary attribs)

================================

System.IO.FileNotFoundException occurred

Message="Could not load file or assembly
'SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.Service.XmlSerializers, Version=1.0.3040.29569,
Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system
cannot find the file specified."

Source="mscorlib"

FileName="SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.Service.XmlSerializers,
Version=1.0.3040.29569, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null"

FusionLog=""

StackTrace:

at System.Reflection.Assembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark&
stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

at System.Reflection.Assembly.nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String
codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, Assembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark&
stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection)

==================================

"=== Pre-bind state information ===\r\nLOG: User = STARKNT\\bimp\r\nLOG:
DisplayName = SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.Service.XmlSerializers,
Version=1.0.3040.29569, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null,
processorArchitecture=MSIL\n (Fully-specified)\r\nLOG: Appbase =
file:///C:/projects/SR.Matrix/SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.ClientTest/bin/Debug/\r\nLOG:
Initial PrivatePath = NULL\r\nCalling assembly : System.Xml,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089.\r\n===\r\nLOG: This bind starts in default
load context.\r\nLOG: Using application configuration file:
C:\\projects\\SR.Matrix\\SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.ClientTest\\bin\\Debug\\SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.ClientTest.vshost.exe.config\r\nLOG:
Using machine configuration file from
c:\\WINDOWS\\Microsoft.NET\\Framework\\v2.0.50727\\config\\machine.config.\r\nLOG:
Policy not being applied to reference at this time (private, custom,
partial, or location-based assembly bind).\r\nLOG: Attempting download of
new URL
file:///C:/projects/SR.Matrix/SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.ClientTest/bin/Debug/SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.Service.XmlSerializers.DLL.\r\nLOG:
Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/projects/SR.Matrix/SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.ClientTest/bin/Debug/SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.Service.XmlSerializers/SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.Service.XmlSerializers.DLL.\r\nLOG:
Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/projects/SR.Matrix/SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.ClientTest/bin/Debug/SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.Service.XmlSerializers.EXE.\r\nLOG:
Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/projects/SR.Matrix/SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.ClientTest/bin/Debug/SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.Service.XmlSerializers/SR.Matrix.VPMTrade.Service.XmlSerializers.EXE.\r\n"

==================================

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi eschneider,

From your description, you have encountered some "Could not load type ..."
error when debugging ASP.NET 2.0 webservice in VS 2005, correct?

Regarding on the error, it seems try locating some dynamically generated
xmlseriailizer assembly and also some other web page related types. Is your
webservice(asmx) put in an existing ASP.NET web form application? Also,
will the error occur if you do not perform debugging, but simply visit the
certain asmx or call the webservice from a client application?

If the webservice is in an application mixed with other pages, I suggest
you first separate it out and test it individually to watch the behavior.
I've ever encountered some "file not found exception" in ASP.NET 1.1
webservice that are caused by ASP.NET process doesn't have perimission to
access the local temp dir or the xml serizliation process occur error. You
can try isolating the service so that we can try doing more test to see
whether the problem is specific to the XML serialization types.

Sincerely,

Steven Cheng

Microsoft MSDN Online Support Lead

(e-mail address removed).

ications.

--------------------

eschneider

The error is random, happens most of the time. The error seems to be in .NET
Framework. Occurs when starting the WS.

Yes ASP.NET 2.0 Webservice only no ASP.NET pages, and VS2005.

Andrew Sharpe

Shot in the dark but try fiddling with the Generate Serialization Assembly
setting in your assembly's build properties (right click assembly in Solution
Explorer, "Properties", "Build" tab).

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Hi eschneider,

So the problem occurs randomly and also when not under debugging mode. As
for the webservice, is it possible to further simplify the webservice such
as remove some webmethods and isolate the problem to certain set of
webmethods?

From: "eschneider" <[email protected]>

Steven Cheng [MSFT]

Thanks for the reponse eschneider,

So far I haven't found any definite issue or known problem on this. Is it
possible that you send me a simplified test package? Such as a solution
with a webservice and a client consumer which can raise the same error when
debugging.

From: "eschneider" <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: Weird erro while debugging WS in VS2005
Date: Fri, 2 May 2008 09:26:05 -0500