What directory to extract instantrails to?

Paul Roche

Hi. I am running ruby 187. I have also downloaded the instant rails
package. Where do I extract the instant rails package to in order for
ruby to work with it?

when I type 'rails' in c:/ruby187 in command prompt I get the following
error.........

'rails' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

Phillip Gawlowski

Hi. I am running ruby 187. I have also downloaded the instant rails
package. Where do I extract the instant rails package to in order for
ruby to work with it?

You don't have to. If you have RubyGems installed (and you really
should!), a "gem install rails" will fetch you the current Rails
release and its dependencies.

Note, that it is possible that you'll need to get the SQLite gem
manually (SQlite is Rails' default database for easy development).

--
Phillip Gawlowski

Though the folk I have met,
(Ah, how soon!) they forget
When I've moved on to some other place,
There may be one or two,
When I've played and passed through,
Who'll remember my song or my face.

Luis Lavena

Hi. I am running ruby 187. I have also downloaded the instant rails
package. Where do I extract the instant rails package to in order for
ruby to work with it?

when I type 'rails' in c:/ruby187 in command prompt I get the following
error.........

'rails' is not recognized as an internal or external command,

InstantRails has not been updated in quite some time.

Please follow tutorials about updated versions of Ruby and Rails in
the RubyInstaller tutorials wiki page:

http://github.com/oneclick/rubyinstaller/wiki/Tutorials