    Theme folder that contains skins and css files. But 'StyleSheetTheme' could
    iqually be named something like 'DefaultTheme' or 'GeneralTheme'.

    Or am I missing something here?

    Marc, Nov 10, 2008

  2. Marc

    Hillbilly Guest

    AFIC there are some real lame-os working at Microsoft that just don't things
    through very well and come up with confusing names. There are two types of
    themes: Theme and StyleSheetTheme.

    // Theme
    When the page is loaded all css styles are bound to their respective
    elements in the DOM. The styles in the Theme including any skins are applied
    which can and will over-write any other css. All attempts to write a
    stylesheet declaration into the head will always be followed by the Theme.

    // StyleSheetTheme
    When the page is loaded the styles in the StyleSheetTheme and the skin will
    be bound to their respective elements in the DOM and css may then be used to
    over-ride which is the opposite of the way the Theme works.

    Recalling from memory I think I got it right but note its not documented
    very as I also recall; a pithy statement in one page at MSDN and that's
    that.

    And finally no, in the Page directive I'm quite certain the explicit term
    StyleSheetTheme must be used.

    Hillbilly, Nov 10, 2008

  3. Marc

    bruce barker Guest

    you override StyleSheetTheme when you you want a default theme applied before
    the selected theme. StyleSheetTheme links are generated at the start of the
    <head>, theme stylesheets are generated at the end of the <head>

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 10, 2008