What has the page attribute StyleSheetTheme to do with CSS, CascadingStyleSheets?

Marc

I am studying a bit and I have encountered some reading stuff about skin
files, css files and themes in asp.net.

To me the name of the StyleSheetTheme page attribute has little a no
connection with CSS files, StyleSheets. It's a level of precedence lower
then the page attribute 'Theme'. Both attributes refer to the name of a
Theme folder that contains skins and css files. But 'StyleSheetTheme' could
iqually be named something like 'DefaultTheme' or 'GeneralTheme'.

Or am I missing something here?

Hillbilly

AFIC there are some real lame-os working at Microsoft that just don't things
through very well and come up with confusing names. There are two types of
themes: Theme and StyleSheetTheme.

// Theme
When the page is loaded all css styles are bound to their respective
elements in the DOM. The styles in the Theme including any skins are applied
which can and will over-write any other css. All attempts to write a
stylesheet declaration into the head will always be followed by the Theme.

// StyleSheetTheme
When the page is loaded the styles in the StyleSheetTheme and the skin will
be bound to their respective elements in the DOM and css may then be used to
over-ride which is the opposite of the way the Theme works.

Recalling from memory I think I got it right but note its not documented
very as I also recall; a pithy statement in one page at MSDN and that's
that.

And finally no, in the Page directive I'm quite certain the explicit term
StyleSheetTheme must be used.

bruce barker

you override StyleSheetTheme when you you want a default theme applied before
the selected theme. StyleSheetTheme links are generated at the start of the
<head>, theme stylesheets are generated at the end of the <head>

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)