What is .do file extension?

Chris

Can anyone tell me what kind of page has a .do file extension? It it Struts?

Normally, Google is your friend, but not when searching for a word like
"do".

Robert Klemme

Chris said:
Can anyone tell me what kind of page has a .do file extension? It it
Struts?

Yes. I'd estimate that most pages with this extension are struts actions.
Normally, Google is your friend, but not when searching for a word
like "do".

:)

robert

Malte Christensen

Chris said:
Can anyone tell me what kind of page has a .do file extension? It it Struts?

Normally, Google is your friend, but not when searching for a word like
"do".
I beliee it is Struts, yes

Tony Morris

Chris said:
Can anyone tell me what kind of page has a .do file extension? It it Struts?

Normally, Google is your friend, but not when searching for a word like
"do".

It is not a file extension - it is a common (the orthodox if you like)
mapping that is used by Struts.
You might be making the common mistake of equating a URI with a file.
Some application servers map URIs to files by default, but provide the
ability to map to some other resource - in this case, Struts "actions" - the
assumption withstanding.

Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
.do is used for various things, not just Apache Struts

.do is not just for Struts. See this site for more comprehensive details:
httpCOLON//wwwDOTfile-extensionsDOTorg/do-file-extension-modelsim-script-file]

Try this link also:
httpCOLON//enDOTwikipediaDOTorg/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&redirs=0&search=.do&fulltext=Search&ns0=1

Joined
Jan 16, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
.do is used for various things, not just Apache Struts

.do is not just for Struts. See this site for more comprehensive details:
httpCOLON//wwwDOTfile-extensionsDOTorg/do-file-extension-modelsim-script-file

Try this link also:
httpCOLON//enDOTwikipediaDOTorg/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&redirs=0&search=.do&fulltext=Search&ns0=1

Joined
Feb 7, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Oracle Server

All,

Oracle driven CMS sites, per http : //filext.com/file-extension/DO, are the main reason you get .do extensions.

OMR