what is the .NET framework good for in IE?

Anton Sommer

Hello folks,

what is the .NET framework snapin in IE good for? I mean in the Security
settings of IE you can activate the execution of .NET framework components.
How could a .NET developer execute such a Component?

Thank you

Anton

bruce barker

if you write a active/x control in .net, then this allows IE to host it
(actually allows the control to fire events that IE will catch - normally a
security violation ) . the user must first install the .net framework (~22mb
download), and the page load takes awhile as the vm is fired up.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)