What is the server name of this newsgroup?

Joon-ho Ryu

I know this is a dumb question, but what is the server name of this newsgroup?
I'm posting this message via Google.com.
But I want to access this newsgroup using Outlook Express.

Jim Fischer

Joon-ho Ryu said:
I know this is a dumb question, but what is the server name of this newsgroup?
I'm posting this message via Google.com.
But I want to access this newsgroup using Outlook Express.

Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) probably has an NNTP (newsgroup)
server you can use to access the newsgroups on Usenet. If your ISP's DNS
name is something like,

somecompany.com

try using

news.somecompany.com

as the DNS name of your ISP's NNTP server in Outlook Express.

Note that the 'news.' prefix is a commonly used convention, but other
prefixes are sometimes used. For example, Microsoft's public NNTP server
can be reached using either

news.microsoft.com
msnews.microsoft.com

and Borland's public NNTP server can be reached using either

forums.borland.com
newsgroups.borland.com

Privately maintained NNTP servers like these provide access to
company-specific newsgroups that are separate from the Usenet newsgroups
that are accessible via your ISP's NNTP server.