    standard xml? What would it be called?

    Your help is truly appreciated!

    bill

    wltiii, Nov 1, 2007

  2. This is the XML declaration. It has the same syntax as a processing
    instruction, but technically it isn't one.
    This is a processing instruction. Its purpose is to communicate
    information about the intended processing of the document. Presumably
    this one means that it's meant to be processed by Microsoft Excel.

    The syntax of a processing instruction is

    <?name ... ?>

    The ... can be any text, but it's common to make that text have the
    form of attribute-value pairs, as in your example.

    -- Richard

    Richard Tobin, Nov 1, 2007

  3. wltiii

    wltiii Guest