What projects can a new programmer undertake to get themselves up to industry level skillset?

Joined
Oct 23, 2022
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
As the question states, what projects can a new programmer undertake to build up their skillsets to give them enough market value?

I've already seen some blogs give some ideas but to my eyes, they are more like generic puzzles as opposed to actual projects.

I'm in it for the long haul with doing a foundational degree in IT and Computing, and I already have some experience with HTML, CSS, Javascript, PHP and MySql on Adobe Dreamweaver designing pages and basic tools such as calculators and data recall from a local database - I just need to know which way is "North" and start coding.

Regards Tom

Joined
Mar 11, 2022
Messages
227
Reaction score
32
Algorithm and AI is the future. Everything is said in security, Database and even Fast Parsing. Still new and still impressive is AI and Algos.

But than: Huge companies, "which you are looking for i guess" will find you if you are worth it. If you have to find a company than it's more an act of desperation which wont work out.
It's like a relationship. Going out to get a girl may work out. But usually it's nothing more than a ONS.
So what is your goal? A stable good job to retirement (in coding "cough, cough") or coming the new zuckerberg?

Joined
Nov 23, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Programming side projects are apps, websites that you build by yourself and on your own time. These programs usually showcase your skills as a programmer, which can help make you a more qualified candidate for the job. Programming side projects can be programs that are specific to the industry you want to enter. For example, if you want to go into the education industry, you can create educational programs.