What's The Best Editor for python

Andrew Gwozdziewycz

If you want something that won't get in your way, you should really
use /bin/ed. It's probably simpler to use then searching the archives.
/bin/ed will also run in cygwin for windows.

timothy.soehnlin

For myself, I use kdevelop, KDE's development environment, it handles a
multitude of languages very well, and python is one of them. It has
solid project management, and a slew of other features. If you are
looking for something solid, I would go with kdevelop.

Charles Krug

If you want something that won't get in your way, you should really
use /bin/ed. It's probably simpler to use then searching the archives.
/bin/ed will also run in cygwin for windows.

The best editor is the one you like best.

I'm a vim user with taglist--I'm not fully happy with how ctags does
Python, but it's more than Good Enough.

But editors are religious, and not worth arguing about, generally.