When adding my application to Windows right-click menu

Yesterday Paid

I made a cipher app but to make easy, I want to make it Windows
rightclick menu can execute it
I found the way with dealing with Registry

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\app]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\app\command]
@="C;\myapp filelocation"

but I don't know how to automatically get filelocation
Can I get the address of file that I right_clicked(it's not a proper
expression maybe)

Prasad, Ramit

I made a cipher app but to make easy, I want to make it Windows
rightclick menu can execute it
I found the way with dealing with Registry

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\app]
[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell\app\command]
@="C;\myapp filelocation"

but I don't know how to automatically get filelocation
Can I get the address of file thatI right_clicked(it's not a proper
expression maybe)

Thisis not a Python question...

This might help http://www.velocityreviews.com/foru...rogram-to-the-open-with-right-click-menu.html

There is a way to do it via registry butI cannot find the link, but
essentially it should have a string like
c:\Python\python.exe %1
where %1 is the file being currentlyselected (cipher app module).

Ramit

712 Main Street | Houston, TX 77002
work phone: 713 - 216 - 5423

Dennis Lee Bieber

There is a way to do it via registry but I cannot find the link, but
essentially it should have a string like
c:\Python\python.exe %1
where %1 is the file being currently selected (cipher app module).

I suspect what is really wanted is to run some file /through/ this
program... So...

<path-to-python>pythonw.exe <path-to-cipher>.py %1

pythonw.exe to avoid opening a console window (I'm presuming the program
takes an input file name, mutates it to create the output file name, and
then runs the file with no console interaction)