Where the hell are the Microsoft Newsgroups????

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by Toni, Sep 26, 2010.

  1. Toni

    Toni Guest

    Yes, I read about MS moving all the newsgroup discussions to their online forums. Their
    forums suck.

    From msnews.microsoft.com newsgroups, I could post a quick question in an emergency and
    get an informed, accurate answer in a few hours. I could help others and get a nice
    "thank you".

    I've tried Microsoft's confusing online newsgroups and I've never gotten an answer to
    any query, ever. As an experiment, I asked a simple, stupid question about Excel
    just to see what kind of an answer I'd get. No answer. It's tough enough just trying to
    find the correct forum to post in.

    Microsoft, PLEASE go back to doing what made you successful.

    Greatly Disappointed,

    Toni

    Toni, Sep 26, 2010

  2. Toni

    Bob Barrows Guest

    You still can. See?

    Bob Barrows, Sep 27, 2010

  3. Toni

    Toni Guest

    And here is a nice "thank you"! At least, until MS takes down this ASP newsgroup.

    Bob, can you recommend a newsgroup or forum that I can go to for Windows XP help?

    Toni, Sep 28, 2010
  4. Toni

    Bob Barrows Guest

    They can't. All they can do is remove the group from their news server.
    Newsgroups get mirrored in news servers around the world. MS can request
    that the group be removed from other servers, but there is no obligation
    for them to do so, which means: for the foreseeable future, the
    microsoft.public hierarchy will remain usable from other news servers. I
    have switched to using eternal-september for my news server
    (www.eternal-september.org, I think - google it), and all the MS
    newsgroups are still here, even after MS dropped them from the msnews
    server.
    Sorry, I can't. I use google for all operating issues I have. Never had
    to post in a forum or newsgroup. Also, any recommendation for a forum or
    newsgroup would depend on the type of issue you are having: networking?
    malware? hardware incompatibility?

    Bob Barrows, Sep 28, 2010