where to place jquery-1.5.1.min.js link?!

geoff

Hello

I am going round and round in circles!

I would like 4 jquery plugins to work on the same page.

One is for fading/merged images, one for a carousel, one for the
orange box to create windows for links to other sites and the other to
create the rounded corners for the divs.

My problem seems to be how many links should be made to the main
jquery-1.5.1.min.js file and where to place them.

I would have thought 1 link only should be needed but if one is
omitted then the related affect will not work.

Using

http://www.micro-active.com/styles/style8/jquery1.htm

the merged images works and the orangebox for the BEST link works but
not the carousel part.

Using

http://www.micro-active.com/styles/style8/jquery2.htm

the merged images and the carousel work but the orangebox does not.

In both of above the code for the rounded corners failes.

I also have

http://www.micro-active.com/styles/style8/jquery3.htm
http://www.micro-active.com/styles/style8/jquery4.htm
http://www.micro-active.com/styles/style8/jquery5.htm

just to show that I cannot work this out!

Any obvious error?

Please, I do know that many people hate the very idea of jquery and I
am fast getting to that point but it would be nice to sort the logic
out for how and where to place the jquery-1.5.1.min.js link/links.

Thanks

Geoff

geoff

I think you only need one
<script type="text/javascript"
src="../../assets/javascripts/jquery-1.5.1.min.js"></script>
and put it as the first SCRIPT element in the HTML.

BTW you're courageous using both jquery and code from dynamicdrive.com :)

Andrew

removing the dynamicdrive merged images and both orangebox and
carousel work ..

http://www.micro-active.com/styles/style8/jquery7.htm

with the added bonus that there are no errors with IE9!

Is there another simple merged images using jquery which you would
recommend?

Cheers

Geoff

geoff

I think you only need one
<script type="text/javascript"
src="../../assets/javascripts/jquery-1.5.1.min.js"></script>
and put it as the first SCRIPT element in the HTML.

BTW you're courageous using both jquery and code from dynamicdrive.com :)

Andrew Poulos

Andrew

your comment re dynamicdrive seems to have helped a lot!

I have used jquery.cycle.js and all work fine in both firefox and ie9.

http://www.micro-active.com/styles/style8/jquery8.htm

Cheers

Geoff

Gregor Kofler

Am 2011-05-06 07:30, (e-mail address removed) meinte:
do you mean a little foolhardy?! If yes, why?

Because jQuery has it's fair share of problems - despite claims to be
the nominal cross-browser solution. And the scripts on dynamicdrive.com
are just crap - without exception.

Gregor

geoff

Am 2011-05-06 07:30, (e-mail address removed) meinte:

Because jQuery has it's fair share of problems - despite claims to be
the nominal cross-browser solution. And the scripts on dynamicdrive.com
are just crap - without exception.

Oh! I take your word for this after my experience here!

Cheers

Geoff

Denis McMahon

I am going round and round in circles!

I would like 4 jquery plugins to work on the same page.

I suggest you ask in a jquery support forum. jquery is not a core part of
javascript, it's a third party add on, and I believe has it's own support
forums and wikis etc.

Rgds

Denis McMahon

beegee

BTW  you're courageous using both jquery and code from dynamicdrive.com:)

That's a nice way to put it. I got stuck with with this drop-down
menu from dynamicdrive.com that some script kiddie had peppered
through the site. It was an abomination. Just goes to show that you
don't need jQuery to write bad code.

bg