where would you put a small business site ( a little off topic - but not too much! )

Claude

Hi Newsgroup! I feel like I'm up to my ears in digital shopping carts -
and lost! Hope you can lend a hand.

I'm looking for a small shopping cart and a small database solution (
eventually for a few hundred items ) maybe an out of the box solution for
both. Plus my client would eventually like to run his own web shop - at
least, having the ability to upload information on his newest products,
without having to learn a lot of technical jargon, nor having to wait for or
pay a webmaster to do it for him.

In this regard, I've been looking at Macromedia's Contribute software -
does anyone here have experience with Contribute or similar type software?
For $100 - Contribute sounds like a good solution to me. But I'd like to
have your recommendations before I commit to buy . . .

Now for a shopping cart/database solution - this seems much more
complicated. I'd like an easy to understand database for non technical
people. Again, how about a shopping cart/database in a box?

Yahoo Business sites are going at $39. a month. And many website hosts offer
their own solutions. I'd sure like to know what you might recommend for a
small business site owner.

Your response is much appreciated...
Thank you,
Gloria