Which computer should I prefer?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by independent, Jan 12, 2020.

  1. independent

    independent

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2019
    Messages:
    59
    Likes Received:
    1
    more specifically I can't be sure whether this computer or (one like this) will be sufficient for software studies.
    https://www.vatanbilgisayar.com/asu...d-15-6-2gb-w10-notebook.html#urun-ozellikleri

    details in english about this computer
    RAM capacity:4GB
    intel 8250u i5 1.6ghz processor (turbo : 3.4 ghz)
    processor count: 4
    screen resolution: 1366x768
    screen card capacity: 2GB
    screen chipset : MX110
    RAM type: ddr4

    note please I am sure on a point: I DO NOT PLAY GAMES
    only for software studies.

    currently I study js but will probably pass to java after the completion this study.
    (I amcurrently working with celeron computer and really I have difficulties (freezing ,slow computer, ..)

    many thanks

    Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
    independent, Jan 12, 2020

  2. independent

    sunfighter

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2019
    Messages:
    83
    Likes Received:
    10
    I think you should get the best you can afford. Most INTERNAL memory. Fastest processor. Biggest screen.

    My personal taste would be for a desk top, because you can get bigger screen later and can have two screens.
    Maybe a laptop can do the two screen thing? I'd look into that so you can have your code on one screen and the other displaying the output. I do that right now on a single screen, but it's a little too small for most outputs.(My output is the web page)

    sunfighter, Jan 13, 2020

  3. independent

    independent

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2019
    Messages:
    59
    Likes Received:
    1
    maybe postponing be good for a bit while ,but really this computer makes me stress and also depress
    meanwhile,I am almost sure that I won't be able to find it in turkey.I should buy it from outside.
    a month postpone is good now.

    I will consider ,many thanks.

    independent, Jan 13, 2020
  4. independent

    independent

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2019
    Messages:
    59
    Likes Received:
    1
    I am being a bit confused. on some of them,it is written "gaming notebook" so can't decide I am sure I do not want to play game

    independent, Jan 13, 2020
  5. independent

    sunfighter

    Joined:
    Nov 27, 2019
    Messages:
    83
    Likes Received:
    10
    gaming notebook just means it has a fast processor and a good video board. - screen has high pixel count - the one thing you may or may not need. I don't think you can go wrong with a "gaming computer" for coding.

    sunfighter, Jan 13, 2020
  6. independent

    independent

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2019
    Messages:
    59
    Likes Received:
    1
    many thanks ,really helpful.

    independent, Jan 13, 2020
  7. independent

    independent

    Joined:
    Nov 23, 2019
    Messages:
    59
    Likes Received:
    1
    I bought dell 3593,4gb ram 1035g1 processor , 1920x1080 resolution 15.6'',2gb screen card(mx230),1tb hdd.
    in order to pay attention to your advice I think I had to buy this notebook. if I be assigned as math teacher (officially) I shall buy one more computer (desktop) as you defined. I agreed your idea.

    but presumably this computer will also be good. or I will dictate with it

    I am planning to master javascript and pass java after that or after overviewing php.

    independent, Jan 15, 2020